Monday, July 27, 2009

Blondies



The best blondies I've ever had were made by my cousin Achsah. Achsah's an amazing baker, and often makes a few different types of squares for dessert. She cuts them up into very little squares and serves them out of the freezer.... yummm.... I never thought I had an affinity towards defrosting desserts, but let me tell you, these are good. Chewy, vanilla-y goodness.

I decided to make them for dessert this shabbat, accompanied by brownies cut into little squares. (I'm telling you- there's just something about little squares, they get to you!) I then proceeded to consume way more than my daily sugar intake could handle- you know, just so I could have something sweet with my coffee.


Every time I make this recipe they turn out great. But a little warning, FOLLOW THE BAKING DIRECTIONS. Put them in the right sized pan at the right temperature, and dont overbake them. Otherwise they just won't turn out as good as they should.

Blondies

  • 2 c flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp baking soda
  • 1 scant tsp salt
  • 100 gr (1/2 c) margarine, melted
  • 3/4 c brown sugar*
  • 3/4 c sugar *
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 200 grams chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius. Combine marg and sugars. Add vanilla, eggs, the rest of the dry ingredients. Mix in the chocolate chips. Press into a 9*13 parchment-lined pan. Flatten out with wet hands. Bake for 15-25 minutes. Cut into small squares. Enjoy!

*the original recipe calls for one cup of each, but I cut it down a bit because I found it to be perfect with less.

No comments:

Post a Comment