Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Cheese Danishes and a Wedding



cheese danishes!


and chocolate danishes!


easy peasy



Well, I'm back in class. Literally- I'm right in the middle of learning about internet law. Well, "learning" is kind of relative at this point. Either way, I'm in class. Since my last post I've gotten around to doing a few things. I got married. I made cheese danishes.

This recipe is dead easy- just dump all the ingredients for the dough in a bowl, and mix together till it's all combined. Then knead it for a few minutes till you get a smooth and elastic dough. Let it rise for about an hour and a half or until double in bulk. Then turn the dough out- and working in batches, roll the dough into rectangles. Mix together all the ingredients for the filling in another bowl. Cut the dough into small squares, and fill with the cheese filling. Close the dough any way you wish- I closed mine by folding a corner into the centre, and then folding the opposite corner in. Repeat with the remaining two corners. Bake at 350 for about fifteen minutes.

You can fill this dough with any type of filling you want- cooked fruit, chocolate, chocolate spread, hazelnut spread- you can even go savory with mozzarella cheese and pizza sauce.... yum!

I'm sending this recipe into YeastSpotting- a stunning weekly showcase of yeasted breads, cakes, etc.

Dough:
1 kilo flour
2 c lukewarm water
200 grams butter or margarine
1/2 c sugar
50 grams instant yeast

Filling:
750 grams 9% white cheese
1 egg
5 Tb sugar
1 pckg instant pudding
2 pckgs vanilla sugar

5 comments:

  1. Your cheese Danish sound really delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your wedding!

    I love the danishes. They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute, quick and nibble-size edible!!! Yum! Congratulations...
    What are vanilla sugar packets? No. CA asking...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the congratulations!!! Vanilla sugar is really easy to find here, but I imagine not everywhere! The packets contain vanilla flavoured sugar. you could substitute the two packets in the recipe with one teaspoon of vanilla extract and an extra tablespoon of sugar.

    ReplyDelete